Found Bakery Paddle
These vintage wooden paddles were collected from bakeries from around Hungary and Germany. Used to place and remove loaves of bread as well as the Hungarian and German version of a pizza, “lángos” and “Flammekueche”, into the large wood-fired ovens, the paddles were also a quintessential accessory used in big outdoor ovens in the rural countryside. These long-handled paddles date back to the mid-1900s and vary in size, shape and patina. No two are alike, and each one is naturally aged with unique markings and carvings, making it one-of-a-kind.
- Condition: Good, wear consistent with age and use
- Decorative use only
- This is a found item will vary from images shown in style, shape, size and color.
- Original state with a pleasant patina of age: signs of age and use will be present, including markings and carvings authenticating the found nature of the product
- Sold individually, a “let us choose for you” concept
- Sourced in Europe, mid-century
Product Details and Dimensions
Dimensions are approximate, paddles are all different and might be slightly out of the range.
- Overall: 46-52” x 10-16” x 1-2”
- Weight: 4-6 lbs
Care and Maintenance
- Dust or wipe with a soft, dry cloth
- To protect the original condition and patina, do not apply household cleaners or abrasive cleaning agents.